Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pizza Wedge Bites

I first served these great tasting appetizer to my son and his friends. It was a great hit. I remember when I was younger and they would serve pizza wedges in school. I decided to prepare the same pizza wedge and just cut the loaf of bread sideways and prepare it exactly like the pizza wedge. This is how I created these pizza wedge bites. This is a great appetizer, or snacks for any occasion.

Serving Size: 4-5
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Money savings: $7.00
Approximate calories per serving: 190 for serving of 4

Ingredients:
1 long bread Italian or French cut in ½ inch thick
1 cup of spaghetti sauce
1 bag of mozzarella cheese
11 slices of pepperoni

Directions:
Place the pieces of bread flat on a cookie sheet. On top of each piece of bread place about 1½ tablespoonful of sauce on top. Then take about 1½ tablespoonful of cheese and place that on top and then place the pepperoni on ½ of them not all so that they would have variety.

Tip:
If you like you can get 1 already cooked chicken breast or grilled chicken breast. Cut it up and place them on top of the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment