Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chimol

I called this dish Chimol, but other people call it pico de gallo. This dish has a colorful mix and the great taste of summer.

Every time I prepare this dish it reminds me of my sister she loves Chimol. She would always ask my mom to prepare it for her. I remember her saying, “I could eat chimol by it self”.

Chimole tastes sour, because of the lime but the tomatoes, the green peppers, and the onion gives it a sweet taste. The cilantro gives the chimol a perfect taste.

Serving Size: 4-5
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Money savings: $4.00

Approximate calories per serving: 26

Ingredients:
1 large tomato thinly chopped
1 large onion thinly chopped
1 medium green pepper thinly chopped
Cilantro thinly chopped
1/3 cup of lime
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

DirectionsIn a bowl combine tomatoes, onion, green pepper and the cilantro. Pour in the lime, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.

Tips:
This would go great with my rice and any meat or chicken dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment