Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Salpicon (chopped Meat)

This great meat dish is a typical dish in my country. It is prepared with skirt or flank steak. The lime gives the meat a tangy lime taste, with sweet tomatoes, sweet red onions and green peppers. I like to serve it with white rice. This dish my mom would prepare it for us when we were young. She would tell us that her grandma would prepare this for them because they lived in a cattle farm so they would always have meats in their house. I began preparing this dish when my husband and I were newlyweds and he loved it. I now prepare it for my kids and they love it as well. This is a dish I know your family will love too.

Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Money Savings: $9.00
Approximate calories per serving: 187

Ingredients:
1 ½ lbs skirt or flank steak
Adobo
Complete seasoning
Garlic powder
3 cloves of garlic thinly chopped
6 cups of water
1 medium onion thinly chopped
1 small tomatoes thinly chopped
1 large green pepper thinly chopped
1/3 cup lime juice




Directions:
On a cooking pot or an pressure cooker place meat sprinkle with adobo, complete seasoning, garlic powder and the garlic cloves. Pour water and place on medium heat let it boil until the meat is soften.
When the meat has soften place the meat on a chopping board to cool off. Once it has cooled you can cut the meat into large pieces so that it will be easer for you to chop. Start to chop the meat buy hitting the meat with the edge of the knife. Until the meat is thinly chopped. Place the meat in a bowl mix in the onion, pepper, tomato, and lime juice.

TIP:
Do not throw out the water where you boiled the meat. You can prepare the rice with that water.

No comments:

Post a Comment