Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Budding de Pan (Bread Pudding)

This is one of my family’s favorite dessert. In one occasion my daughter asked me to make this amazing cake for her birthday. When anyone taste this wonderful tasting bread pudding they absolutely love it and they are always asking me when I’m going to prepare it again. People has asked me to prepare it for them for special occasions. I got this recipe from my mother and people who know my mother and had taste her cooking had told me that I prepare this dessert better than my mother. Even though, I prepare it with whole wheat bread, low fat milk and fat free condensed milk it taste delicious and is healthy for those of you who are watching your figure. The taste is the same or even better as preparing it with white bread, whole milk, and regular condensed milk.

Serving Size: 18
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Money Savings: $12.00
Approximate calories per serving: 408

Ingredients:
½ gallon milk
3 ½ butter sticks
1 loaf sliced bread
1/3 cup of cinnamon powder
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp of backing powder
2 ½ cups sugar
1 can of condensed milk

Directions:
On a medium cooking pot place the milk, and the 3 butter sticks on medium heat. When the milk starts to get warm enough for the butter to beginning to melt place the bread on the milk. Turn off the heat off. With your hands mush the bread the until every particle of the bread is dissolve. Mix in cinnamon, vanilla extract, backing powder, sugar and half of can of condensed milk on top of the bread.

Backing:
Spread the reaming butter on a backing pan all over to cover the entire pan. Heat oven to 400. Pour the bread mixture in the pan. Place the pan inside the oven for about 1 hour or until the top gets brown or if you poke it with a toothpick and it come out clean. When it is done or almost done pour the remaining condensed milk on top of the cake try to do this evenly so that it could all be spread evenly. Leave in oven for about 5-10 more minutes. Turn down the oven to off leave it in there until it starts to cool off. Once it fully cooled you can eat it. You can not have it while its hot because its to watery; it will be messy.

TIP:
If you like you can use whole wheat bread, low fat milk, low fat condensed milk, artificial sweeteners. It taste exactly the same. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment